Mountain Biking is like any other sport: there are proven programs and methods to learn the basics. We will teach you the basics about your bike, various terrain and obstacles, and help you become a better rider, to minimize the risks and maximize the fun. Join Bob Loeffler and the Bikeskills crew and get started the right way: the Bikeskills way!
BIKESKILLS New Rider Day Clinic
Are you new to mountain biking? Or perhaps you’ve been riding a while but have yet to get comfortable on your bike. Maybe you’ve had a few “lessons” from a buddy or significant other but it just didn’t seem to help. If so, the New Rider Day is exactly what you need.
In about 4 hours, you’ll be more confident and better equipped to hit the trails safely and riding with a smile on your face. In the clinic we’ll cover:
- Proper bike fit and safety gear
- How to prep for all kinds of rides
- Trail Etiquette
- Solid riding basics including shifting, climbing, cornering, descending and braking
- On trail and at home bike maintenance and fixes
- Worthy upgrades to you, your bike and your gear and where to find them
- Expanding your horizons: Great places to ride and people to ride with
The clinic includes on-trail riding with personal instruction combined with shade tree discussions and demos, all in a casual, relaxed atmosphere and scenic location. Expect to ride a little over 6 miles on relatively flat terrain with a mix of fire road and single track.
Contact Bob Loeffler at firstname.lastname@example.org to for a list of what you’ll need and to sign up. Or, if you know you’re ready for the Bikeskills New Rider Day clinic, then click here to read more about dates and sign-up information